I started my journey in media in 2014, volunteering at a community radio station in Freetown, Sierra Leone. The following year, I applied for an internship at Africa Young Voices – a media group in Sierra Leone, as part of the requirements for my undergraduate degree. During that time, I worked in both radio and television – presenting the news, and wrote for the newspaper as well.
I was hired as a News Anchor/Reporter after my internship ended. I covered daily news events and presented AYV’s Prime Time News as well as the morning programme Wake Up Sierra Leone. In 2017, I was promoted to the position of Senior News Anchor/Reporter and soon after, Deputy Director of Operations.
When not on screen I produce the daily news bulletins and supervise all news content.
– Sierra Leone’s 2018 elections
– Opening of the 5th Parliament of Sierra Leone
– 2017 Floods and landslide disaster
– The Issues (Sierra Leone 2018 Elections Series)
– August 14: A year on…
– Realm of the Free
Strengths and Skills
– Can perform efficiently under pressure
– Excellent communication skills
– Can multitask effectively
– Can improvise in unplanned situations
– Can adapt to change quickly
– BA (Honors) in Mass Communications
– MA International Journalism (underway)